Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the study of the science of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs. In this field we try to understand human intelligence and after it we use computers to adapt (implement using computer programs) this intelligence. This subject contains concepts from many other subjects of computer science and it uses these concepts to give practical solutions for the benefit of human beings. AI is widely used in many fields such as robotics, decision making, diagnostic, planning, games etc.
This course is mainly based on examples, students have the opportunity to design and implement prototype showing the state-of-the-art of AI.
- Introduction to AI techniques
- Pathfinding techniques using AI(such as A*, heuristics etc)
- Autonomously moving vehicles and group behavior
- Reasoning System using AI und inferences engines
- Natural language processing and understanding
- Knowledge acquisition and representation techniques (such decision tree, uncertainty rule based etc.)
- Dealing with uncertainty (such as Baysien network, fuzzy logic etc.)
Applications: robotics, games, machine translation, prediction, diagnosis
- Define that what is artificial intelligence and why it is important.
- Analyze and apply any search strategy over the given problem.
- Learn about some successful application of artificial intelligence.
- Characterize, design, implement and classify AI-systems.
- Use appropriate software for AI system development.
- Examine and implement uncertainty management systems.
- Master and implement knowledge-based system (knowledge acquisition and representation Techniques as well inference engines).